Search This Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

SAYONARA HUFFINGTON POST

BRYCE ON THE NEWS MEDIA

- It was great while it lasted.

Click for AUDIO VERSION.
To use this segment in a Radio broadcast or Podcast, send TIM a request.

I wrote as a Huffington Post contributor from September 2016 to January 2018, just sixteen months. At first, my columns were well received and promoted by the noted liberal publication, offering me some good exposure. As most of you know, I write about business management, technology, morality, and observations of our changing world. However, my political musings began to gain attention beginning with my column describing the purpose of the Electoral College, a subject very much despised by liberals. Yet, this piece was one of my most popular with HuffPo readers. Shortly after this column was released I noticed the editors grew reluctant to promote my material and I was forced to do so myself.

I quickly discovered a problem in touting my political pieces over the Internet. Since I posted it in Republican or conservative discussion groups, I never anticipated the push-back from such people who reviled the publication; e.g., "I will never read anything in the Huffington Post, that bastion of liberalism," was a typical response. When I pled with people to ignore the publication and read the column, I would typically get a response such as, "I cannot believe this was in the Huffington Post; how did you get it printed?"

This stigma about HuffPo has not gone away as it is typically dismissed as nothing more than "Fake News" by conservatives. I can sympathize. While I was there, the liberal slant was overbearing. I was perhaps the only Republican conservative submitting material. Most appeared to be written by millennials in their early to mid twenties, which may explain the popularity of the publication among that generation. Their naivety in politics and the world around them is the reason they are commonly referred to as "snowflakes." I could find no senior or veteran newspaper people there, just young people using it as a springboard to their next job.

My regular readers weren't exactly shocked when I finally exited, and neither was I. Frankly, they were surprised I had lasted as long as I did.

So why did they really cut me off? It's difficult to know for sure, but I would like to believe they finally read my column. Whatever the reason, I thank them for the opportunity to post my ramblings. I drew a lot of people to the publication, but now there is nobody left to speak for the right, just snowflakes.

Keep the Faith!

Note: All trademarks both marked and unmarked belong to their respective companies.

Tim Bryce is a writer and the Managing Director of M&JB Investment Company (M&JB) of Palm Harbor, Florida and has over 40 years of experience in the management consulting field. He can be reached at timb001@phmainstreet.com

For Tim's columns, see:   timbryce.com

Like the article? TELL A FRIEND.

Copyright © 2018 by Tim Bryce. All rights reserved.

NEXT UP:  DEFENDING THE AMERICAN EXPERIMENT - Is it worth fighting for?

LAST TIME:  CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - How to keep on top of your game at work.

Listen to Tim on WZIG-FM (104.1) in Palm Harbor,FL; Or tune-in to Tim's channel on YouTube. Click for TIM'S LIBRARY OF AUDIO CLIPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment