Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

2021 YEAR-END WRAP-UP

BRYCE ON BRYCE

- My most popular columns and audio segments this year.

Click for AUDIO VERSION.

To use this segment in a Radio broadcast or Podcast, send TIM a request.


This is my last column for the year as I prepare to enjoy the holidays and rest up for 2022. As has become customary, I'm using this opportunity to review my top essays from the past year.

As you know, I write on a variety of subjects, such as management, systems, technology, social issues, politics, and observations of our changing world. Sometimes my work is instructional and informative, other times it is controversial or humorous. I certainly hope it isn't boring. By the number of subscribers I have, their comments, and the hits I have on my web sites, I do not believe this is the case.

This has been another fiery political year and, as such, my political columns did very well. Nonetheless, what follows is based on my "hits" on my web pages.

Interestingly, my readership has expanded beyond Florida. Currently, the following countries follow my work: USA, Ireland, Ecuador, Germany, France, Italy, Nigeria, Philippines, Thailand, Norway, United Kingdom. This is based on circulation.

This was a difficult year for me personally. I lost my mother in the Spring, and I discovered I had liver cancer in Autumn, something which I have written about recently. On the plus side, I am now the proud Papa of my first grandchild, who has become the apple of my eye. I have also met a wonderful woman who has been very supportive during these troubling times. As such, I count my blessings as opposed to problems. I must remember to write about romance in our senior years. It's rather enchanting.

Writing has always been an important outlet for me. It helps me maintain my sanity. As my illustrator buddy said, "If they were to make you stop writing, and have me stop drawing, they might as well give us a Viking funeral here and now and put us out of our misery. It's what we do and who we are."

My top columns for the year include:

1. THE CATCH-22 IN NONPROFITS - Jan 05, 2021 - This really didn't surprise me as it was published at the beginning of the new year as nonprofit organizations are just beginning a new fiscal year. It questions the competency of the leaders of such groups. This is why I wrote the book, "How to Run a Nonprofit: It doesn’t Require Rocket Science."

2. TRYING TO KICK TRUMP UNDER THE BUS - Jan 19, 2021 - Number 2 and Number 3 discussed the "Stop the Steal" Protest in Washington, DC on January 6th. So their rankings didn't surprise me. People want to know the truth about what happened that day, and so far they haven't received it. It disturbs me greatly that protestors are still locked up without a speedy trial twelve months later. This is simply outrageous.

3. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT THE "STOP THE STEAL PROTEST" - Jan 9, 2021

4. TIM'S FIGHT WITH CANCER, PART I - Nov 16, 2021 - Number 4 and Number 5 are also closely related as I described my approach to conquering my liver cancer problem. It is my hope these writings can start a dialog among cancer patients and give the general public a glimpse into our thinking process.

5. TIM'S FIGHT WITH CANCER, PART II - Dec 07, 2021

6. REPUBLICAN CLUBS FALTER - May 27, 2021 - This grabbed the attention of Republicans where I essentially made the observation, "The emperor has no clothes." Something that didn't sit well with the GOP hierarchy. However, the grass roots people loved it as I spoke on their behalf.

7. FLORIDA PARENTS' BILL OF RIGHTS - Aug 24, 2021 - this was a new bill within the State of Florida. Other states have also tried this. It ultimately is a reminder that parents should have more control over their children's educational rights, as opposed to local government. This has spurred attendance at local School Board meetings.

8. "INHERITANCE AFTERMATH" - May 6, 2021 - Following the loss of my Mother, I prepared a punch list of items to consider when shutting down an estate. I hope a lot of people will heed my advice.

9. REPUBLICAN VALUES - June 15, 2021 - I discussed the core values of Republicans, something the general public simply doesn't understand.

10. FOR THE LOVE OF WHITE CASTLES - May 4, 2021 - In early May, White Castle Restaurants finally opened a store in the Orlando area. This was enthusiastically greeted by displaced Yankees now living in Florida. Here I discussed what it means to them.
 

I also provide an audio version of most of my columns for those people on the go, courtesy of YouTube. I would like to believe people listen to me at the gym or beach, but more realistically, people tend to tune in while they are traveling or at work. Interestingly, the popularity of my audio segments is not the same as my written columns.

AUDIO SEGMENTS ON YOUTUBE

1-REMOVING PALMETTO PALMS - Thu, June 10, 2021 - This was far and away my post popular audio segment, which surprised me as I was describing only the removal of Palmetto Palms on my property. I guess a lot of people hate them as much as I do.

2-WHY IS EVERYONE HIRING? - Tue, June 8, 2021 - During the summer, I spotted several "Hiring!" signs. People would rather take government stimulus money as opposed to working. How can they look at themselves in the mirror?

3-"HOW TO BECOME A TYRANT" - MUST SEE TV - Tue, July 20, 2021 - This was based on a mini-series on Netflix which described the characteristics of Dictators over the years. A lot of what was described can be seen today in the political world.

4-BIDEN'S FIRST 100 DAYS - Thu, Jan 21, 2021 - my predictions of what Joe Biden would implement in the first 100 days of his administration.

5-WHO ARE THE DOMESTIC TERRORISTS? - Tue, Feb 9, 2021 - Well, according to Congress, it's not Antifa of BLM, but parents voicing their displeasure at school board meetings.

6-FACE-MASKS ARE HERE TO STAY - Tue, Mar 2, 2021 - Regretfully so.

7-THE JIM CROW SHTICK - Tue, Apr 20, 2021 - I produced this as a means to educate people about Jim Crow laws. I'm amazed how many people do not understand their origin.

8-WHY TRUMP IS STILL A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH - Thu, Mar 4, 2021 - It is now rather obvious that our 45th President is still the figure-head of the Republican Party.

9-THEY ARE KILLING THE GAME - Tue, Apr 27, 2021 - This was an unusual piece where I discussed how MLB is changing the game of baseball through rule changes.

10-IS JOE GOING TO MAKE IT? - Thu, July 29, 2021 - I discussed the president's mental acuity, something people are finally questioning.

I will be on sabbatical for awhile until I am ready to get back in the saddle for the new year. Until then, Merry Christmas to all, and to all, Good Night!

Keep the Faith!

P.S. - For a listing of my books, click HERE.

Note: All trademarks both marked and unmarked belong to their respective companies.


Tim Bryce is an author, freelance writer and the Managing Director of M&JB Investment Company (M&JB) of Palm Harbor, Florida and has over 40 years of experience in the management consulting field. He can be reached at timb1557@gmail.com

For Tim's columns, see:   timbryce.com

Like the article? TELL A FRIEND.

Copyright © 2021 by Tim Bryce. All rights reserved.

Listen to Tim on Spotify, WZIG-FM (104.1) in Palm Harbor,FL; SVA RADIO - "Senior Voice America", the leading newspaper for active mature adults; or tune-in to Tim's channel on YouTube. Click for TIM'S LIBRARY OF AUDIO CLIPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment