* To register a vehicle.
* To open a bank account.
* To purchase or lease a house, condo, or apartment.
* To obtain a loan for a mortgage, car or anything else of substance.
* To start a job (needed for government reporting requirements).
* To apply for government aid or benefits, such as unemployment, social security, etc.
* To play or coach an organized sport, such as Little League.
* To be an adult leader in a Boy/Girl Scout Troop.
* To enter the military.
* To board an airplane or ship.
* To visit a foreign country.
* To purchase a gun.
* To make an in-store purchase using a check.
* To purchase alcohol.
* To visit a school campus, college, or company.
* To serve on a jury.
* To obtain a library card.
* To deposit garbage in the local dump.